Questions & Answers.
For products with a nominal service life ≥ 50,000 operating hours, SITECO provides a warranty for a period of 5 years in accordance with the warranty conditions. This warranty applies to all LED modules, LED control gear and other LED components used in luminaires for which a nominal service life of 50,000 operating hours or more is specified in the technical documentation.
For products with a nominal service life < 50,000 operating hours, SITECO provides a warranty for a period of 3 years in accordance with the warranty conditions. This warranty applies to all LED modules, LED control gear and other LED components used in luminaires for which a nominal service life of less than 50,000 operating hours is specified in the technical documentation.
The warranty period begins at the time of installation, but no later than three months after delivery by SITECO.
The warranty is valid under the following conditions:
- The products are used in accordance with the product information and instructions for use.
- The product is not exposed to mechanical stress.
- If maintenance work is required according to the installation and operating instructions, its execution is documented.
- Limit values for temperatures and voltages must not be exceeded.
- This warranty covers only product failures caused by defects in material, construction or production.
- This warranty refers exclusively to mortality above the nominal failure rate of 0.2 % per 1,000 operating hours. A decrease in luminous flux is normal up to a value of 0.6 % per 1,000 operating hours and is therefore not grounds for a warranty claim.
- When replacing LED modules, there may be deviations in the lighting properties due to changes in the luminous flux of operated LED modules as a result of use and in the course of technical progress.
- The specified lifetime is achieved when the luminaires are operated in accordance with the conditions specified by the manufacturer, the underlying standards and the applicable regulations.
- This warranty covers all relevant deliveries after July 1, 2010, but not tunnel luminaires.
This warranty is void if LED luminaires and LED modules are modified or repaired without prior written approval from SITECO.
In case of failures exceeding the nominal failure rate, SITECO reserves the right to repair the defective components, supply replacement products or credit the customer with defective components. All ancillary costs incurred in connection with the warranty service (e.g. for dismantling and reassembly, shipment of the defective product, disposal, travel and travel times, lifting devices and scaffolding) shall be borne by the customer. Other costs, which are e.g. caused by the failure of the installation or other damages as well as consequential damages are not covered by this warranty. Warranty services are provided by SITECO until the warranty period of the original delivery is exhausted. The components or products returned to SITECO become the property of SITECO in the event of a warranty claim.
The warranty claim can be asserted by anyone against presentation of the invoice made out to him for the products described above, which are installed in a country of the European Union, in Macedonia, in Switzerland, in Norway and in Turkey.
The warranty claim must be reported immediately after the occurrence of a defect by written notification to
SITECO reserves the right to verify the validity of the warranty claim according to the warranty conditions.
This warranty does not limit the buyer's contractual or legal claims which he can assert against the seller or the manufacturer in accordance with the relevant provisions.